Children's Home Deputy Manager - Chadwell Heath
- Salary £25,000
- Location Chadwell Heath
- Time Permanent
- Created 30-09-2019
Children’s Home Deputy Manager
Chadwell Heath (East London)
Fixed Term Placement (Maternity Cover Required)
We are looking for an experienced Deputy Manager with over 2 years managerial experience to join one of our 5 bedroom homes in Chadwell Heath (East London) which supports children & young people with EBD.
Holding the NVQ Level 5 Leadership and Management or equivalent is desired but not essential, but candidate must currently be working towards this. The successful candidate must have competent IT skills, access to your own transport and NVQ Level 3 in Children & Young People.
Candidate must also have previous experience within a Children’s Residential setting within a managerial role and have previously been OFSTED rated “GOOD” and above.
Job Knowledge and Experience
- To have a minimum of five year’s experience working as a home manager and deputy manager in a residential childcare or a directly related field.
- Thorough knowledge of child development issues.
- Detailed understanding of Children’s Home Regulations 2015, Health and Safety Requirements, Equal Opportunities, Anti-Discriminatory Practice and other relevant legislation.
- Understanding of a variety of different therapeutic models.
- Demonstrable experience in controlling expenditure.
- Experience of assessment, care planning, and review.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to support, manage and develop staff.
- Ability to work within agreed systems and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Good organisational skills and a high standard of written work.
- Ability to communicate effectively and promote effective relationships with a range of professionals and young people.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to work unsocial hours, flexible and self-motivated.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines.
To be considered for this position please apply online or call us on 01543 226180.
Or submit your CV to our website http://www.dolphin-personnel.org/submit-your-cv/